By Sahana Murthy
on June 16, 2021
Landgrid has grown by leaps and bounds over the last two years, and is about to level up again.
In the second half of July we’re rolling out a major update to Landgrid.com. In fact the update is so major that Landgrid.com will be replaced by a new brand name, a new domain and a new look and feel.
All Landgrid links will immediately redirect to the proper place on the new site, including the API endpoints, so no existing services will be changed or impacted, but exciting new services will become available to you.
To understand why we’re making this significant update, it’s helpful to look at the journey we’ve been on.
Our company grew up in the civic technology, open data, and advocacy communities of Detroit, Michigan, where we experienced the power of clear property information to inform decision making and assist a broad array of people.
We recognized a need across many industries, communities, and efforts to understand how land is subdivided, owned, used, and inhabited.
To meet this need, we assembled a nationwide dataset of land parcel boundaries that is standardized, consistently updated, and easily accessible through our website, software, mobile app, API and nationwide data licensing.
As we’ve grown in scale and significance, we’ve come to realize that land information and property boundaries provide a perfect framework for matching, visualizing, and giving deeper spatial and jurisdictional context to other location datasets.
This has inspired us to think bigger about what we’re building. With land parcels at our core, we’ve been busy matching new datasets to our land parcels, and developing ways to make it easier for you to match your own. You’ll see an even greater focus on this in our July launch and rebrand.
As a recent example of matching land parcels to other datasets, you can now find our parcel data pre-joined with SafeGraph’s point of interest (POI) data on the SafeGraph Shop at shop.safegraph.com.
Followed by our launch next month, you'll see us rolling out combined datasets matched at a parcel level, and new tools for shaping location intelligence.
We can’t wait to share our rebrand and evolution with you all next month. Stay tuned.
Land parcels connect everything,
CEO, Loveland Technologies
By Sahana Murthy
on June 8, 2021
A summary of updates in May of 2021 and the upcoming pipeline is below.
USPS Vacancy, Residential indicators: Now updated monthly. Updated in May 2021, next update in June.
Coverage Report: Updated for this month and available here:
Full Dataset Export - We have exported the full dataset again this month for all clients to reflect improvements we made based on feedback regarding our Loveland Standardized Use Codes.
For all full dataset customers, the updated data is available for download to bulk data clients in these formats: GeoPKG .gpkg (suggested), GeoJSON, Shapefile, and Postgres SQL files. In addition, this data has been updated on the landgrid.com website.
If your organization uses a custom export we are updating your data at the moment and if you don’t see the latest updates, please drop us a line.
A Data Dictionary for the Loveland Parcel Record Schema is always available here:
A machine-readable version of this list is included in the `verse` table available in all the formats above as well as CSV format for use in spreadsheets. To find the latest updates in verse, sort by 'last_refresh' and use the 'filename_stem' column to identify the file.
Data refreshed or added from the county in May and live now:
(Asterisk * indicates newly added county)
Alabama - Mobile
Arkansas - Fulton*, Searcy*
California - Contra Costa, Sacramento, Ventura
Iowa - Bremer, Butler, Chickasaw, Dubuque, Harrison, Jones, Marion, Monona, Montgomery, Warren, Woodbury
Illinois - Carroll*, De Witt, Logan, Macon, Marshall, McDonough, Morgan, Schuyler, Scott*, Tazewell, Union, Woodford
Kansas - Cowley, Douglas, Lyon, Miami, Osage, Sumner
Louisiana - Lincoln, Orleans
Maine - Androscoggin, Aroostook, Cumberland, Franklin, Hancock, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Sagadahoc, Somerset, Waldo, Washington, York
Missouri - Cass, Gasconade*, Harrison, Nodaway, Ripley*, Webster*
Montana - Beaverhead, Big Horn, Blaine, Broadwater, Carbon, Carter, Cascade, Chouteau, Custer, Daniels, Dawson, Deer Lodge, Fallon, Fergus, Flathead, Gallatin, Garfield, Glacier, Golden Valley, Granite, Hill, Jefferson, Judith Basin, Lake, Lewis and Clark, Liberty, Lincoln, Madison, McCone, Meagher, Mineral, Missoula, Musselshell, Park, Petroleum, Phillips, Pondera, Powder River, Powell, Prairie, Ravalli, Richland, Roosevelt, Rosebud, Sanders, Sheridan, Silver Bow, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Teton, Toole, Treasure, Valley, Wheatland, Wibaux, Yellowstone
North Dakota - Golden Valley, Ramsey*, Stark
Nebraska - Buffalo, Butler, Clay, Custer, Fillmore, Greeley, Wheeler
New Hampshire - Belknap, Carroll, Cheshire, Coos, Grafton, Hillsborough, Rockingham, Strafford, Sullivan
New Mexico - Bernalillo
New York - Erie, Suffolk
Ohio - Cuyahoga, Jackson
Pennsylvania - Carbon
South Dakota - Beadle, Hand*, Hutchinson, Minnehaha, Spink
Texas - Newton, Nolan, Nueces, Oldham, Panola, Polk, Potter, Presidio, Randall, Reagan, Refugio, Rockwall, Rusk, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Scurry, Shelby, Sherman, Smith, Starr, Sterling, Stonewall, Sutton, Swisher, Tarrant, Taylor, Terry, Throckmorton, Tom Green, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upton, Uvalde, Victoria, Ward, Washington, Wharton, Wheeler, Wichita, Winkler, Yoakum, Zapata, Zavala
In the current pipeline for updating in June 2021
In the pipeline for updating in July 2021
Based on feedback and county challenges, pipeline planning is always subject to change. As always, please contact us if you have any questions about accessing or using the data, you find issues with any of our data, or you have any comments or questions about our data in specific areas or states. We also love to hear from you about which counties or regions you’d like to see us update next, as it helps inform our planning process.
Thank you for being a part of Loveland!
Loveland Data Team
By Sahana Murthy
on May 18, 2021
You asked and we listened.
For a while now, you’ve all been asking for custom-sized team accounts that allow you to create multi-user accounts that meet the needs of your organization.
And we have just the thing for you.
Introducing the new flexible Landgrid Team accounts - Add as many seats to your account as you need so your team can collaborate from one central location, build beautiful maps, prospect data by creating survey projects and much more. Landgrid Pro customers - you can add more seats to your account too.
All for $20/month per user.
How does this work, you ask?
- Start at our plans page - https://landgrid.com/plans
- Select the plan of your choice, and add as many users as you want in that account. Gone are the days of a default team account with a minimum of 10 members. You can have as few as 2 members to as many as you like, depending on the size of your team and organization.
- Sign up and voila - you have a custom-sized multi-user team account all set up for you. Go to the “Members” tab and invite your teammates to join this account.
Why Team accounts?
- Multiple seats - You and your entire team can collaborate from one corporate account - how amazing is that, especially if you have a bunch of property surveys lined up!
- Unlimited Projects, Surveys and Bookmarks - Do away with your Pro account limits by signing up for Team instead - unlimited number of projects, surveys and bookmarks!
- Unlock and download premium fields as CSV - With your team accounts, you can download upto 50K rows of our data, including the premium fields as CSV per month. Our premium data fields include:
Seamlessly grow your Pro account into Team:
Landgrid Pro has always been a single user account. But we have often had customers who start off with a single seat Pro account but have later requested for those pro accounts to be converted into Team accounts. You can now seamlessly upgrade your Pro account into Team with a click of button.
How, you ask?
- New customer - If you are a brand new user, you can add more seats to your account when you sign up from our plans page itself.
- Existing Pro customer - On your dashboards, you now have the option of upgrading to Team seamlessly by using the slider bar and adding more seats to your account.
No more wait-time, no more support emails. You have all the tools you need to customize your account size in a matter of seconds, at $20/month per seat.
Why did we build these flexible team accounts?
- We saw the need for custom-sized accounts. Teams and organization sizes vary. Our default team account of 10 was great but we had customers asking for custom-sized team accounts, some with fewer than 10 members, & others with more than 10 members.
- We had many Pro, single seat customers reach out after they had evaluated the Pro solution asking to convert their single user account to multi-user.
- To make it easier to allow multiple user teams to collaborate and work together from a central location.
- To make it even more inexpensive to have multi-user accounts than the default $250 per month. We’ve made sure to apply the $50 discount to our existing $250 per month team account customers as well.
You asked and we listened. These team accounts are full of advantages. So make the most of them today and sign up for these custom-sized accounts and let us know how your experience was.
Demo Webinar - Flexible multi-user Team accounts
Want to see a live demo of these new team accounts?
Join our team members - Nick Downer and Sahana Murthy on a live demo webinar this afternoon, where they’ll discuss and demonstrate these new team accounts and features. You don’t want to miss it.
Register here to save your spot - https://www.crowdcast.io/e/launching-flexible
We have many more data related announcements coming soon. So be on the lookout for updates from us this summer. Until next time, stay well and stay safe.
By Larry Sheradon
on May 7, 2021
Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 for shorter professional experience or $100,000 - $120,000 for longer professional experience, and depending on specific skills and qualifications
We need a software developer who can help grow our products, our engineering efforts and our roadmap.
This is a full-time position with great benefits, including a competitive compensation structure & a remote work environment. The job requires understanding customer pain points, our product roadmap and implementing code on cross-functional products.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking to explore a career in a new industry - software & data in the data and startup space. Lots of opportunities for growth in a fun, flexible, remote & fast paced environment. We are a small but growing team and we want you to grow with us.
The ideal candidate needs to be a motivated self-starter and have a keen interest for both software development, front end development skills, curiosity to learn new skills and understand market requirements for products.
Your day to day work will primarily center around these tools:
- Ruby on Rails
- Relational databases (Postgres & PostGIS)
Good skills to have
We’d love to know if you have experience with any of the following, but please don’t count yourself out if you don’t:
- Experience working in a remote-first environment
- Payment APIs like Stripe, Google Play, or Apple IAP
- Building and documenting REST APIs, creating client wrapper libraries
- Familiarity with geospatial data and tools like GDAL, QGIS, Leaflet, Mapbox GL
- Integrating & tuning search engines like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Work with a team of software developers & data engineers across all of our product lines
- Contribute code to front- and back-end features in our Rails application
- Ability to split your time on a weekly basis between roadmap priorities, bugs and customer requests.
- Help scope/solution out custom professional services development work, built on top of our Landgrid mapping platform
- 3+ years of experience in software development in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in communicating data & product requirements and interpreting customer expectations
- Ability to troubleshoot quickly and architect product solutions to address bugs & mission critical issues
About Loveland Technologies LLC
Loveland Technologies is a Detroit-based nationwide parcel data & mapping software company. We are headquartered in Detroit, however we are a fully remote & distributed team with members working out of multiple time zones across the USA. Loveland welcomes and gives equal consideration to qualified applicants of any race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, or disability status. Benefits include flexible work hours and vacation days, health care, and paid parental leave.
Landgrid Parcel Data - We have collected and standardized a high quality nationwide dataset of over 147 million land parcels covering over 97% of residents in the USA. We offer our data in multiple formats to customers across private and public sector verticals as bulk data files & through an API. Our Mapping as a Service product, landgrid.com, allows our customers to map & survey with the parcel data we have collected. Our mobile apps give individuals and teams access to the latest parcel data and data collection tools in the field.
Over the last several years, we have created a successful suite of products, a growing customer base and project portfolio, and an effective organization. Our products are built in-house from scratch and are a labor of love that has become great business.
We invite all qualified applicants to submit a resume and cover letter for this position by emailing us at email@example.com.